- Dano Dave D’Amelio is THE MAN when it comes to guitar repair. This guy is super genuine, nice, and really funny! He treats everyone with respect, whether you have a $100 Chinese strat, or a 1965 strat, you get the same attention. He’s been collecting and working on bizarre guitars for almost 30 years, and he’s seen it all. He does all the work on my guitars and he’s like a local legend. I’m always talking him up because he really deserves some attention for his work. A true craftsman. And he also has one of the largest collections of vintage and rare Danelectro guitars in the country!
- Mike Dugan is the man playing most of the guitar on the videos. He’s a true player’s player, been at it for over 30 years and has made an actual living playing guitar. It’s not easy to do! He’s a great person with great talent and deserves a ton of recognition. He’s still playing gigs all up and down the east coast, and he gives online guitar lessons to people all over the world via Skype and other video chats! Also check out his Facebook page.
- The Drowning in Guitars Facebook page. Hey, be a friend!
- While you’re at it, check out the YouTube channel of Drowning in Guitars!
Helpful Guitar Links
- JediStar has a massive collection of online information about seemingly every guitar maker that ever existed! A great resource!
- Lord Bizarre has an extensive collection of oddball guitars, mostly from Europe and nearby areas.
- Nate DeMont of DeMont guitars is a great guy with a passion for everything stringed. I like this dude! He has a Guyatone site with some excellent information.
- The King of Kays has a nice guitar collection, and they’re not all Kays!
- Guitar Kits USA are the nice people who are making the Valco Resoglas kits. I love what they’re doing over there!
- Guy Mackenzie has a massive collection of guitars, all online for your viewing pleasure. He’s a UK cat.
- Bill Menting runs a superb site all about vintage Ibanez guitars and Kapa guitars. This gentleman knows his guitars! Bill also moderates the “50s and 60s World” section of the Ibanez Collectors Forum.
- MineGitarer is a Norwegian guitar collection site.
- Here’s a nice guitar collection at PulseBeat Guitars.
- Vintage Axe is another great source for vintage catalog scans and rare guitar information. Their forum is also top notch!
- Vintage Guitars Info. is just an amazing site! I don’t know who runs this, but I guarantee he doesn’t have little kids running around the house. The time it took to compile all this information is simply impressive.
- Wietse has a lot of guitars!!