Well folks,there ain’t much out there regarding researching vintage Japanese guitars from the 1960s. I’ll be posting quite a bit here over time, so stay tuned!!
The Japanese Brand Name Game is the page that will never end!! This is a list of badges and names found on Japanese guitars of the 50s and 60s, with some of those sneaky 70s era badges thrown in.
- Here’s a little Burny history.
- Here’s an old Domino page, some good info here.
- Electra guitars from the 70s and 80s.
- Here’s Nate DeMont’s Guyatone site!
- The GREAT Bill Menting has some wonderful vintage Ibanez info here.
- Some information about Kent guitars, going more in depth here.
- Speaking of Kent guitars, here’s a guy who REALLY digs the late 60s Kent 820 model.
- Here’s the well done Matsumoku site. Mostly 70s stuff though.
- Teisco Twangers!! You’ve probably been here before! Not everything is accurate, but it’s still the best resource out there for Teisco.
- Here’s a little bit about Telestar guitars.
- The Univox page!! Love it!
- Here’s a Ventura page.
- Westone guitars were produced by Matsumoku during most of the 80s.